Current software v3.1
Documents & Downloads
To Update your Q-Lion Lamp to the latest version, you must use the Q-Lion Update Cable.
(Available upon request)
PC Utility v1.21
Mac Utility v1.18
PC Update Cable Driver
- Download the Update Utility for your specific device. The Utility will download the latest file automatically.
The Update file below is for reference and not needed to download separately.
- Follow the instructions in this article.
NOTE: The Utilities to Update Rainbow and Q-Lion are the same.
The PC Update Cable Drives should install automatically.
- The battery is completely drained. Connect to a QC 3.0 charger to charge the light.
- The battery is in Kill/Travel mode. Then plug back into the QC 3.0 Charger.
The battery is drained. Connect to a QC 3.0 charger to charge the light.
Q-Lion lights must be charged with a QC 3.0 charger. When the charger is first plugged in, the light will slowly blink to confirm the charger is compatible and will then begin charging. If the light flashes quickly, then the charger is not compatible.
With lithium ion batteries, they do not like to be fully discharged. When this happens, it will take a long charging cycle to get them to respond. Please leave it on the charger overnight and see if it responds. If not, please contact us.
Please check the log file and see if you are getting the following error:
(ST): (API) ERROR : Cannot communicate with the tool.
Wrong tool selection or check tool power supply or check that a previous session is closed.
If so, please try the following:
- Ensure that you have a 2nd Generation light that has the RST and KILL Buttons. These buttons are not on our 1st Generation.
- Be sure you are using the Q-Lion Update Cable provided by Quasar Science.
- If you confirm the top 2 points, please download and run the Driver files here. Click here to download.
Articles & Resources
Before going all "Chernobyl" and blowing up our phones and/or email, take a breathe and read through some of our thoughtfully constructed blogs which more than likely will help fix any problem you are having or any question that may be bouncing around the 'ol brainpan. However, if none of this helps, please do not hesitate to reach out to us!