Data Controller: Who we are
VPS sells products and provides services to our customers throughout the world. VPS is the data controller for your information.
Personal Data We Collect and How We May Use It
What information we collect from our customers – We will collect personal information including name and contact details, such as address, email and phone number; also, with your explicit permission, certain pieces of sensitive information.
We will collect all personal information required to comply with employment legislation, including, where necessary, sensitive information. This may include medical information and where additionally appropriate we will perform a criminal record search. To prevent discrimination, and ensure diversity, we shall request information from the Data Subject on religion, sexuality, and ethnicity.
In order to prevent and detect crime, and to ensure the safety of our customers and staff, we operate CCTV systems at our various locations. These cameras record footage in real-time and are operated and controlled by our own staff; monitoring and recording do not take place in any changing room and toilet areas.
We do not deliberately establish contact with children under 18 years of age, or collect their personal data. Our website is not directed at children and is not intended for collecting children’s data. If you believe that we have mistakenly or inadvertently collected such information via our website, please contact us via the address provided below, so that we can immediately delete this data from our servers.Parents and guardians should be actively involved in their children’s Internet and cell phone usage.
Why we need your information
On quasarscience.com, personal data is collected in order to perform various transactions such as:
- Product or service orders, activations, and registrations: we need your information to fulfill our obligations under purchase agreements or service orders. Personal and financial information is essential to manage ongoing subscriptions and payments.
- Creation of profiles and verification of users: we need your information to ensure you are the person creating a profile.
- Requests for information: we need your information to ensure you are the person requesting information from us.
- Marketing or support subscriptions: by understanding customers’ interests and preferences we can provide our valued customers with targeted communications (direct mail) and concessions and other additional benefits. Personal and financial information is essential to manage ongoing subscriptions and payments.
- Participation in contests or surveys: we need your information to contact you if you win a prize or if we need to follow up on a survey.
- Human resources, payroll, and finance: To comply with employment legislation and ensure that all staff working within the organization are qualified, competent, vetted and receive ongoing training.
How we process your Information or share it
Where we store your information
Marketing, Consents and Permissions
Via our newsletter, we inform you about our company, our services, and workshops. If you want to receive the newsletter, we require you to provide a valid e-mail address as well as information allowing us to verify that you are the owner of the specified e-mail address, or that its holder agrees to receive the newsletter. Further data is not collected. This data is only used to send the newsletters and will not be passed on to third parties. Upon subscription to the newsletter, we store your IP address and the date of the subscription. This only serves as proof in case a third party abuses an e-mail address and subscribes to the newsletter without the knowledge of the entitled party. In order to prevent potential abuse, we use what is called the double-opt-in procedure during the subscription process. This includes a double confirmation of the subscription to the newsletter: First, permission to send the newsletter must be granted; then, consent for receiving the newsletter must once again be given by e-mail. Only after this two-fold confirmation will the address be entered into the database. You have the right to withdraw, amend or change your consent for data storage and storage of the e-mail address as well as its use for sending the newsletter at any time. You may do this via a link at the end of each individual newsletter itself or by contacting us email@example.com.
Server Log Files
When you visit this website, the web server automatically records log files that cannot be attributed to any person in particular. This data includes, for instance, the browser type and version, the operating system used, the referrer URL (previously visited website), the IP address of the requesting computer, the access date and time of the server request, and the file request of the client (file name and URL). This data is only collected for the purpose of statistical analysis. The better we understand your wishes, the faster you can find the desired information on our web pages. The collected data is not passed on to third parties, either for commercial or non-commercial purposes.
Integration of Social Network Plug-ins
Cookies and Website Tracking
Links to Third-Party Websites
The GDPR May 2018 provides individual rights which are listed below for your convenience:-
- You have the right of rectification to amend or update your personal information and ensure we maintain accurate and up to date records and or data about you.
- You have the right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. The broad principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing by Quasar Science.
- You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal data. Processing of your personal information may be restricted in the event it is no longer essential to support the use of services provided to you and or not part of any contractual, legal or financial requirement to do so. Quasar Science is permitted to store the personal data, but not further process it. Quasar Science may retain just enough information about you to ensure that any restriction is respected in future.
- You have the right to data portability which allows individuals to obtain and or reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services. It allows you to move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without hindrance to usability.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information based on legitimate interests or the performance of a task in the public interest or exercise of official authority including profiling activity, direct marketing including profiling activity; and processing for purposes of scientific and or historical research and statistics.
- You have right to be made aware of any automated decision-making, that made without any human involvement, and or profiling of your personal information by Quasar Science.
For all Data Protection matters including Subject Access Requests please contact the Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.