DOUBle Rainbow & Rainbow 2 Support
Current software 0.5D
Receive RR/R2 News & Updates
Want to receive an email when new RR-R2 firmware becomes available? Please enter your email and we'll get you on the list!
What's New in Software 0.5D?
Here is the list of new features and fixes in the latest Software:
- Full v1.0 color engine release!
- CCT manual control increments by "Just Noticeable Differences"
- - +/- Green control maintains CCT
- - Hue angles redefined to match the following key chromaticity values:
- -- Hue 120° Green: 540nm
- -- Hue 136°: Pure Green Diode (518nm)
- -- Hue 180° Cyan: 495nm
- -- Hue 240° Blue: 465nm
- -- Hue 247°: Pure Blue Diode (450nm)
- -- Hue 300° Magenta: 540nm -> D65 line
- All 100% Saturated, Hue Output Intensities balanced to 4300K output
- CCT range expanded to 1,750K to 10,000K**
- Pixel order is now flipped. Pixel 1 is "Gaffer's Left"**
- Wired Lead / Follow Mode Updates**:
- Control multiple Followers from the Lead manually
- Now works with Effects
- Lead now controls Groups on Effects
- Lead now controls the Output mode of Followers (High, Normal, Low)
- Output Button on Lead controls output on Followers
- Bluetooth functionality added for iOS apps; Blackout Lighting Console and Luminair **
- Added Manual "Demo Mode" Effect**
- When Status Lights are set to OFF, they will now turn back on when screen is activated.**
- Various bug fixes (See "Release Notes" in Firmware Updates tab below)
- **Added in 0.5C
Documents & Downloads
The RR and R2 firmware is always being optimized with new features added so check back frequently and update your lights before use to get the most out of your RR or R2!
|Firmware Version||Release Date||Release Notes||File||Size|
- Download the latest firmware update files below. Please note that they must be updated with a USB-C thumb drive in FAT32 format.
- Copy all the files in the update to the root directory of your USB-C drive. They may look like this: QS_PC_FW_0.5c.bin or QS_PC_BL_0.9.bin.
- If on, power off the light.
- Press and hold the ENTER button on the light and then press/hold the POWER button for 3 seconds. This will enter the Update Mode.
- Insert the USB-C Thumb Drive.
- The light will then install all updates found on the drive. It will check for the highest version number of all relevant files.
- After updating the light, it will then reboot. Please note at that you should see the newest firmware version indicated on the LED screen on boot up.
- Alternatively, you can go to CONFIG > FIRMWARE to check to make sure the light updated.
Download the Latest DMX Chart Above.
When using as more than one pixel, 1 additional channel group must be added per additional pixel.
|Profile||Profile Name||Bit Depth||# of Channels per Pixel||Suggested Use|
|P1||HSIC||8 Bit||5 Channels||Best when using faders ONLY|
|P2||HSIC||16 Bit||8 Channels|
|P3||HSI||8 Bit||3 Channels|
|P4||XFade with +/-G-||8 Bit||3 Channels||Best for needing white light ONLY and reduced channels|
|P5||XFade||8 Bit||2 Channels|
|P6||CCT & RGB||8 Bit||7 Channels|
|P7||CCT & RGB||16 Bit||9 Channels||Best for use on lighting consoles|
|P8||RGB||8 Bit||3 Channels|
|P13||RGBTD||8 Bit||5 Channels|
|P14||RGBTD||16 Bit||10 Channels|
Profile Patching Examples
When using the Q25R2 in 10 pixel mode in Profile 1, each pixel is 5 DMX Channels.
The light would, therefore, require a total of 50 channels.
When using the Q25R2 in 2 pixel mode in Profile 1, each pixel is 5 DMX Channels.
The light would, therefore, require a total of 10 channels.
Example: Q25R2 - 2 Pixel Mode - Profile 1
|Channel 1||Intensity||Pixel 1|
|Channel 2||Color Temp||Pixel 1|
|Channel 3||+/- Green||Pixel 1|
|Channel 4||Hue||Pixel 1|
|Channel 5||Saturation||Pixel 1|
|Channel 6||Intensity||Pixel 2|
|Channel 7||Color Temp||Pixel 2|
|Channel 8||+/- Green||Pixel 2|
|Channel 9||Hue||Pixel 2|
|Channel 10||Saturation||Pixel 2|
Lighting Console Fixture Profiles
The Rainbow Profiles can be used for each pixel with the exception of Profile 2 as it has 2 channels of saturation.
Features Coming Soon
Here is the list of features coming to the RR and R2 lights.
- sACN Control
- Transmitter Mode
- Full Wifi Control
- Node Mode
- Overdrive Effects