DOUBle Rainbow & Rainbow 2 Support
Current software 0.5G
Receive RR/R2 News & Updates
Want to receive an email when new RR-R2 firmware becomes available? Please enter your email and we'll get you on the list!
What's New in Software 0.5G?
Here is the list of new features and fixes in the latest Software:
- DMX Mapped Output Mode
Light Output mode is now mapped to DMX address (Profiles 31-45). Set the light to High, Standard and Low Output mode for the entire fixture.
- Fire & Emergency Light Effect Manual Presets Added
- Automatic Light Naming for Bluetooth Connection
Please note that Lumen Radio must first be updated to 18.104.22.168.
- Shortcut to Change Wireless Mode Off/CRMX
Press and hold the Left and Enter button for 3 seconds.
- Profile 15 Added: RGB - 16Bit - 6 Channels
- Various Bug Fixes
Please see "Release Notes" in Firmware Updates tab below.
Documents & Downloads
The RR and R2 firmware is always being optimized with new features added so check back frequently and update your lights before use to get the most out of your RR or R2!
|Firmware Version||Release Date||Release Notes||File||Size|
- Download the latest firmware update files below. Please note that they must be updated with a USB-C thumb drive in FAT32 format.
- Copy all the files in the update to the root directory of your USB-C drive. They may look like this: QS_PC_FW_0.5c.bin or QS_PC_BL_0.9.bin.
- If on, power off the light.
- Press and hold the ENTER button on the light and then press/hold the POWER button for 3 seconds. This will enter the Update Mode.
- Insert the USB-C Thumb Drive.
- The light will then install all updates found on the drive. It will check for the highest version number of all relevant files.
- After updating the light, it will then reboot. Please note at that you should see the newest firmware version indicated on the LED screen on boot up.
- Alternatively, you can go to CONFIG > FIRMWARE to check to make sure the light updated.
Download the Latest DMX Chart Above.
When using as more than one pixel, 1 additional channel group must be added per additional pixel.
FX Profiles have parameters to control FX across the entire Unit.
Output Mode Profiles add an Additional DMX channel per light to set the Output Mode.
|Profile||Profile Name||Bit Depth||# of Channels per Pixel||Suggested Use|
|P1||HSIC||8 Bit||5 Channels||Best when using faders ONLY|
|P2||HSIC||16 Bit||8 Channels|
|P3||HSI||8 Bit||3 Channels|
|P4||XFade with +/-G-||8 Bit||3 Channels||Best for needing white light ONLY and reduced channels|
|P5||XFade||8 Bit||2 Channels|
|P6||CCT & RGB||8 Bit||7 Channels|
|P7||CCT & RGB||16 Bit||9 Channels||Best for use on lighting consoles|
|P8||RGB||8 Bit||3 Channels|
|P13||RGBTD||8 Bit||5 Channels|
|P14||RGBTD||16 Bit||10 Channels|
|P15||RGB||16 Bit||6 Channels||The 16 bit version of P8|
Profile Patching Examples
When using the Q25R2 in 10 pixel mode in Profile 1, each pixel is 5 DMX Channels.
The light would, therefore, require a total of 50 channels.
When using the Q25R2 in 2 pixel mode in Profile 1, each pixel is 5 DMX Channels.
The light would, therefore, require a total of 10 channels.
Example: Q25R2 - 2 Pixel Mode - Profile 1
|Channel 1||Intensity||Pixel 1|
|Channel 2||Color Temp||Pixel 1|
|Channel 3||+/- Green||Pixel 1|
|Channel 4||Hue||Pixel 1|
|Channel 5||Saturation||Pixel 1|
|Channel 6||Intensity||Pixel 2|
|Channel 7||Color Temp||Pixel 2|
|Channel 8||+/- Green||Pixel 2|
|Channel 9||Hue||Pixel 2|
|Channel 10||Saturation||Pixel 2|
Lighting Console Fixture Profiles
The Rainbow Profiles can be used for each pixel with the exception of Profile 2 as it has 2 channels of saturation.
Features Coming Soon
Here is the list of features coming to the RR and R2 lights.
- sACN Control
- Transmitter Mode
- Full Wifi Control
- Node Mode
- Overdrive Effects