Lamps that are able to update with the Q-Lion Update Cable are V3 lamps that have the KILL and RST buttons on the side.
If your lamp does not have these buttons on the side, they are V2, your lamp cannot be Upgraded with the Cable. Your lamps must be sent into Quasar Science. Please see additional instructions below.
V1 Lamps that are a different shape are not able to be updated.
There are several ways to get the new update. The Update requires a special cable in order complete the update.
- Contact your local Quasar Science Dealer and bring your lamps to the dealer. The following dealers are ready for your business!
- Barn Door Lighting
- Kaye Lites
- High Output, Inc
- Lightbulb Grip & Electric Co.
- Midwest Photo
- Barbizon Australia
- Evolution Cinema
- RST / Visions in Color
- Hammer Lighting & Grip
- JCX Expendables
- PDXpendables LLC
- Voice and Video Sales
- If you are in the Los Angeles area, bring your lamps into Quasar Science. We will update them on the spot in the shop, and you can be on your way.
- Contact Quasar Science Rental department. We are sending out the Q-Lion Update cable as long as you pay for the shipping.
A $50 replacement fee will be charged for unreturned /lost cables.
- Ship your lamps to Quasar Science. We will update your lamps and ship them back. Return shipping will be charged to you or you can provide a return shipping label. Please affix the label below.
Please see instructions below if choosing this option.
Battery Shipping Label.pdf
To Create Your Own Label and Provide Return Shipping, please do the following.
Please do the following:
- Open or use a free Fedex.com Account. This will require an email address and credit card to pay for shipping. Click here to go to the sign-up page.
Alternatively, you can use USPS or UPS for both ways, but you have to make it as 2 separate labels. To Quasar, from you and To You from Quasar.
- Create a Label to Quasar Science.
For Fedex.com, click here. You must use the Advanced Shipping page to include a return label.
Quasar Science - Battery Update
687 S. Anderson St.
Los Angeles. CA 90023
- In the bottom left corner, there is a checkbox to Include a Return Label. Check the box and complete the order.
- For the weights, use this guide.
Q5 - 7" Battery Lamp - 1.1 lbs
Q10 - 12" Battery Lamp - 1.5 lbs
Q20 - 24" Battery Lamp - 2.5 lbs
- There is a legal limit for the number of Lithium Ion you can ship in one box through Air Transportation.
When shipping Ground, there is no limit.
Consider each Q20-24" = 4 units, each Q10 is 2 units, each Q5 is 1 Unit.
You cannot ship more than 40 units in one box
So you can ship 10 Q20-24", OR 20- Q10 - 12" OR 40 - Q5 - 7".
Any combination of these to not exceed 40 units.
These do not classify as Dangerous Goods.
- Print the shipping label and include the Return label in your package.
- Print out this label and affix it to the outside of your shipping box. Battery Shipping Label.pdf
- Fill out the RMA form here. We will email you back an RMA number. Please do not send your lamps until you receive an RMA.
Click here for the RMA Form
DO NOT SEND CHARGERS OR USB CABLES.
Battery lamp updates may take up to 2 weeks. They are done on a first come, first serve basis.